- The maximum financial assistance is 50% off a regularly priced membership and/or program.
- Membership is awarded for an initial 3 months, with decreasing level of assistance for each subsequent renewal.
- To receive the member price on programs, financial assistance applicants must be current members while participating.
- Applicants must live or work in Monroe County.
The application process is easy
- Pick up a membership and financial assistance application. Make an appointment with the Financial Assistance Specialist. A $10 fee is charged to reserve your appointment time the with the specialist. Your membership dues will be reduced by $10 when your appointment is completed and you hav been approved, or will be refunded if you do not qualify. (If you do not attend the appointment, you will forfeit the $10 fee.)
- Gather the required documentation. Please bring your latest tax return.
- Bring the documentation and completed application to your appointment. Be prepared to pay your portion of membership dues at the appointment, please.
Required Documentation - Bring to Appointment
- Income tax information is required. (Please bring your latest tax return.)
- All proof of income as requested on application.
- Photo ID for verification of applicant
- Proof of household address for everyone applying for the membership and proof of county residency and/or employment
- Completed Financial Assistance Application
Terms of Financial Assistance for Membership/Joiner Fee
- Financial assistance may be granted for 3 months for new applicants.
- Member's portion of the membership and joiner fee, if applicable, is due at the first appointment with the Financial Assistance Specialist.
- Once the 3-month membership expires, subsequent renewal is based on meeting the required facility usage, as well as completing and returning the Impact card given at the time of sign up. (Additional cards are available from the Financial Assistance Specialist.)
- Each financial assistance member on the account is required to use the facility at least six times per month.
- A new application must be completed every year.
- Each applicant will be required to pay a portion of the joiner fee in addition to their membership dues.
- Anyone listed on the National Sex Offender Registry is not eligible for a membership.
- Youth applications are based on parent/guardian financial income. Youth must be between 7-18 years of age to qualify for a single youth membership.
- Financial assistance is available only as donations and contribution funds allow. Assistance is not guaranteed.
Terms of Financial Assistance for Program - deadline to apply is 2 weeks prior to start of program.
Program applications must be turned in to the Financial Assistance Specialist rather than to the department.
- Application due dates are as follows:
- Summer programs, May 15th, 2013
- Camp, May 28th, 2013
- Preschool, August 6th, 2013
- Fall 1 programs, August 20th, 2013
- Fall 2 programs, October 14th, 2013
You will be contacted before the desired session begins.
Questions? Please contact the Financial Assistance Team at 961-2179 or send us an e-mail.