Summer Camp Financial Assistance
2017 Camp Financial Aid Application
Dear YMCA Community,
We are pleased to announce the Monroe County YMCA is currently accepting Financial Assistance (FA) applications from applicants desiring to have their respective children participate in our summer camp program. Completed FA applications must be submitted by 12 noon, on Wednesday, March 22nd.
In order for a prospective applicant to be considered for financial assistance, the following procedures must be completed:
- Complete and submit the YMCA Summer Camp Financial Assistance Application – Please visit the YMCA website and print off the downloaded application which will be available starting February 20th.
- Submit a copy of the most current Federal Income Tax Return Form 1040 with the application – Please mark out all Social Security number information and only provide the first two pages of the Tax Form 1040.
- If applicable to your household situation, please submit an unemployment award letter as supplementary documentation as to why financial assistance may be requested.
Applications will be processed only if all the required information listed above is submitted. If the YMCA Administrative Offices receive an incomplete application, your request for financial assistance will not be considered.
Related to receiving Approval or Denied - Notification Process
Please note applicants will receive an approval or regret letter sometime during the first week of April regarding the outcome of their financial assistance application - via the United State Postal Service.
Terms and Agreements Regarding Usage and Payment
The following stipulations must be agreed upon in order to receive the financial assistance.
- The amount of financial assistance awarded can only be earmarked to the 2017 summer camp program and cannot be applied to any other Y program. Applicants requesting financial assistance this year will be required to once again complete and submit a new application each respective year.
- The allocated amount and portion a respective family will be required to pay for summer camp, will be required at the time of camp enrollment. Enrollment must be done in person at either branch of the Monroe County YMCA. Please note the Summer Camp Financial Assistance Award letter must be submitted at the time of summer camp enrollment.