One Can Make a Difference
We are holding a week-long Food Drive to benefit the Community Kitchen of Monroe County! From Monday, June 28 to Friday, July 2, we encourage our campers to bring donations to our Southeast Y during Summer Camp Drop-Off and Pick-Up. If our campers reach the goal of 300 pounds, they’re in for a special treat: an opportunity to pie our Camp Counselors!
Recommended donations are:
- Canned or pouch chicken or tuna
- Peanut butter
- Meal helpers (chicken/hamburger/tuna)
- Fruit cups
- Instant oatmeal & boxes of cereal
- Dried fruits (raisins, craisins, cherries, etc.)
- Mac & cheese and other easy to prepare foods, such as instant potatoes, rice & pasta meals, etc.
- Small pop-top cans of vegetables
- Granola/Fruit/Cereal bars
Thank you for helping our Monroe County neighbors! Visit the Community Kitchen's website to learn more about their events and their work in the community.