Monroe County Health Order Requires Masks Regardless of Vaccination Status
COVID-19 Health Order effective Thursday, August 5, 2021
As we have all experienced, flexibility is crucial as we pivot during the ongoing health pandemic. We must continue to work together to keep our staff, seniors, youth, and community healthy. Due to a new Health Order from the Monroe County Health Department, anyone 3 years or older must wear a facemask, shield, or covering when using our Y indoor facilities regardless of vaccination status, effective August 5. You can review the complete policy here.
- Masks are required to be fully worn over your mouth and nose while inside the Y facilities, unless you are engaged in a form of indoor exercise that is incompatible with wearing a face covering, including swimming.
- You must put your mask back on before moving to your next workout station or around the Y, such as moving between cardio and weight equipment.
- Basketball courts remain open and masks must be worn if you are not in active play, such as if you are on the sidelines resting or as a spectator.
- Masks are required when entering and exiting our pool areas and when walking the pool deck. Masks must be removed prior to entering the water even if you do not plan on submerging your head. A face covering poses a drowning risk if someone were to pass out or fall ill and unexpectedly be submerged.
- You must wear a mask while using the locker rooms, and masks may only be removed while in the shower.
- A comprehensive list of our COVID-19 policies can be found on our website here.
We ask for your understanding and grace during this time of transition as we adhere to our local mandate. We will not tolerate any rude or disrespectful behavior toward our staff who are enforcing the mask mandate. Please be respectful to our staff and help ensure our Y remains open by following the CDC guidelines and Monroe County Health Department mandate.
We remain committed to serving you through our programs and services to help our community heal from this pandemic. Join us during several free Group Ex classes streamed live throughout the week, access our Virtual On-Demand Group Ex Library to follow along with your favorite instructors from home, and browse through a variety of activity videos to keep your spirit, mind, and body active.
Thank you for your continued support and for helping us keep a healthy environment at the Y!