Creative Movement - Youth Tumbling
This class will infuse games and movement-based activities with songs and stories that will encourage the development of creative thinking, large and fine motor skills, coordination, rhythm, teamwork, and listening skills in your preschool-aged child. We'll use a balance beam and learn basic tumbling skills during the class, all while singing and moving! Each week, we’ll explore the sights, sounds, and movements of a new theme.
Classes take place at our Northwest Y, and rates are $50 per Y member or $85 per non-member.
Creative Movement will tentatively return in 2022!
Youth & Adult Sports Director
Health & Safety Procedures
Social Distancing and Spacing
Participants, Coaches, Volunteers, Spectators, and Families:
- The six-foot social distancing guideline must be adhered to.
- Families and spectators must self-monitor in order to make sure they are complying with the six-foot social distancing guideline.
- Spectator seating is designated in the lounge outside of the Tumbling Room.
Game Play Protocol:
- End of practice or recognition of a skill or behavior done well will be recognized with air high fives or with a positive verbal acknowledgment.
Sanitation and Cleanliness
- The cleaning/disinfecting of equipment will be completed prior to and at the end of all practices.
- Coaches, volunteers, and participants are to wash their hands prior to the start of the practice.
- We encourage participants to bring a small bottle of hand sanitizer.
- Participants will sanitize their hands prior to and post-playing in games.
Wellness and Water Bottles:
- Participants are to stay home if not feeling well.
- Participants are encouraged to bring and be responsible for their own water bottles.
- Participants are encouraged to bring hand sanitizer.
*Please note: Policies are subject to change per direction from the Monroe County Health Department or any local mandates.