Reflecting on our Past...
Since our Southeast Y Branch opened its doors in 1981, the original 50,000 square foot facility has been home to a thriving summer camp, evolving group exercise classes, an expanding community, and more. Today, after numerous renovations and expansions, our Southeast Branch has doubled in size and supports over 30,000 member visits per month. Plus, we opened our YMCA Auxiliary Center in 2012 and our Northwest Y Branch in 2013, and both facilities are starting to age.
In 2019, here are some projects we completed:
- Repaved the Southeast Y path to the upper parking lot
- Purchased new equipment for the Southeast Y Weight Room
- Purchased and installed dehumidifiers for the Southeast Y gym area to help control the temperature and moisture levels in the facility
- Constructed the Southeast Y Synrgy Studio
- Installed 12 security cameras throughout both facilities
- Built a second-floor office in the Auxiliary Center
- Prepared for Summer Camp at both facilities
- Upgraded lighting to LED in the Southeast Y Women's and Men's Locker Rooms
... Investing in our Future
With such high usage in mature buildings comes the need to repair, replace, and renovate, and we need your continued help in caring for our facilities. Your donation can help us achieve several vital projects in the coming year:
- Maintain 30 HVAC units across our Southeast, Northwest, and Auxiliary Center facilities
- Attend to the exterior of our buildings
- Fix aged sections of our Southeast Y roof
- Maintain our outdoor shelters at both Branches
- ...and much more!
Please consider making a gift to our capital needs. Your generosity helps ensure our facilities are safe and equipped to meet the needs of our members and our community. All gifts are tax-deductible.
All questions can be directed to Development Director, Matt Osgood, at (812) 961-2169 or firstname.lastname@example.org.