Play and Learn
Play and Learn is an exclusive member benefit for children ages 6 weeks to 6 years old. Our trained staff will watch and entertain your kids for up to two hours in the morning and two hours in the afternoon while you remain on Y property. Creating a nurturing environment of warmth, friendliness, and freedom, we lead children through a variety of fun & safe playtime activities including stories, crafts, dress-up, and active play.
The participating child must be a Y member; an adult-only membership should be converted to a family membership in order to receive this benefit.
How to Participate:
Play and Learn is included in all family memberships, so there's no need to sign up. Simply scan your child's Y member card when you come into the facility, then bring them to the Play and Learn room.
- For ages 6 weeks-6 years old.
- Parent or guardian must remain on Y property.
- A child may stay in Play and Learn for up to two hours each morning and two hours each afternoon.
- Available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Health & Safety Policies:
- Children will be asked to wash their hands upon entering Play and Learn. Staff will provide assistance if needed.
- If a child’s diaper needs to be changed, you will be paged and asked to change the diaper.
- Toys are cleaned throughout each morning and evening shift after they are played with.
Play and Learn Hours at both Branches:
|Saturday||9:00 am-12:00 pm|
Holiday Hours for Play and Learn:
|July 3, 2022||Closed||Closed|
|September 4, 2022||Closed||Closed|
|December 26, 2022||Closed||Closed|
|New Year's Eve||Closed||Closed|
|New Year's Day||Closed||Closed|
Youth & Family - Northwest Y Program Coordinator
Youth & Family - Southeast Y Program Coordinator