Reflecting on our Past...
Since our Southeast Y opened its doors in 1981, the original 50,000-square-foot facility has been home to a thriving Summer Camp, evolving Group Ex classes, an expanding community, and more. Today, after numerous renovations and expansions, our Southeast Branch has doubled in size and supports over 30,000 member visits per month. Plus, we opened our YMCA Fieldhouse in 2012 and our Northwest Y in 2013, and both facilities are starting to age.
In 2020, here are some projects we completed:
- Updated our Northwest Y pools with a new cleaning system.
- Updated the lighting in our Northwest Y facility.
- Purchased a new poster printer for our marketing department to distribute information.
- Updated our telephone equipment with Smithville.
... Investing in our Future
With such high usage in mature buildings comes the need to repair, replace, and renovate, and we need your continued help in caring for our facilities. Your donation can help us achieve several vital projects in the coming year:
- Maintain 30 HVAC units across our Southeast, Northwest, and Fieldhouse facilities
- Attend to the exterior of our buildings
- Fix aged sections of our Southeast Y roof
- Maintain our outdoor shelters at both branches
- ... and much more!
Please consider making a gift to our capital needs. Your generosity helps ensure our facilities are safe and equipped to meet the needs of our members and our community. All gifts are tax-deductible.