Financial Assistance for Membership at the Y
We are pleased to announce our Monroe County YMCA is currently accepting Financial Assistance (FA) applications from those who would like help covering their Y membership. The deadline to submit applications for Financial Assistance is Tuesday, November 30, 2021.
Please read the FA Cover Letter, then fill out the FA Application, both of which are linked below. Submit your completed materials at the Welcome Center at either Branch or via mail. Applications submitted via email will NOT be accepted due to security concerns.
Financial Assistance Application and Materials
In order to be considered for FA, the following steps must be completed:
1. Complete and submit the YMCA Financial Assistance application. You can download the application featured below or stop by one of our Welcome Centers at either our Northwest or Southeast Y Branches for a printed copy.
2. Submit a copy of the most current Federal Income Tax Return Form 1040 with the application. Please mark out all Social Security Number information and ONLY submit pages 1 and 2 of the tax return.
3. Include a copy of two of your most recent paycheck stubs for each employed person listed on the application.
4. Attach documentation to support assistance income, such as child support or disability, if applicable.
Y FA applications will only be accepted through November 30, 2021. FA applications will only be processed and considered if all the required information listed above is submitted.
Receiving Approval or Denial—Notification Process
Applicants will receive an approval or denial letter via mail by December 15, 2021, regarding the status of their application. No calls or inquiries should be made by applicants regarding the status of their application until after the December 15 notification deadline, if a letter is not received by that date.
Terms and Agreements Regarding Usage and Payment
The following stipulations must be agreed upon in order to receive FA:
1. The individual or family household must use the YMCA facilities at least 12 times per month.
2. If the individual or family member fails to make two consecutive payments on time, the membership will be terminated.
3. The financial assistance amount received is only earmarked for the 2022 calendar year. It does not automatically continue into the next calendar year. All applicants requesting financial assistance for the next year are required to complete and submit a new FA application, which opens in November of every year.
Financial Assistance for Summer Camp
FA applications for summer camps will be accepted starting March 1, 2022. This process is entirely separate from the current Membership Application process.