Monroe County YMCA Financial Assistance for Membership Applications
Starting Monday, October 16, 2023, Monroe County YMCA will be accepting Financial Assistance (FA) applications from those who would like aid in covering their Y membership. The deadline to submit applications for Financial Assistance is Thursday, November 30, 2023.
Please read the FA Cover Letter and complete the FA Application through the secure online submission form, both will be linked below. All applications with your completed materials must be submitted ONLINE. You may also visit our Welcome Centers in person to complete an online application at our kiosks. Applications submitted via email will NOT be accepted due to security concerns.
Financial Assistance Application and Materials
In order to be considered for FA, the following steps must be completed:
1. Complete and submit the Monroe County YMCA Financial Assistance application. You must complete the application online. For access to a reliable internet connection, please stop by one of our Welcome Centers at either our Northwest or Southeast Y Branches to electronically complete it at our kiosks.
2. Within the online application form, submit a copy of the most current Federal Income Tax Return Form 1040 with the application. Please mark out all Social Security Number information and ONLY submit pages 1 and 2 of the tax return.
3. Within the online application form, include a copy of two of your most recent paycheck stubs for each employed person listed on the application.
4. Within the online application form, attach documentation to support assistance income, such as child support or disability, if applicable.
Y FA applications will only be accepted through November 30, 2023. FA applications will only be processed and considered if all the required information listed above is submitted.
Receiving Approval or Denial—Notification Process
Applicants will receive an approval or denial letter via mail by December 20, 2023, regarding the status of their application. No calls or inquiries should be made by applicants regarding the status of their application until after the December 20 notification deadline, if a letter is not received by that date.
Terms and Agreements Regarding Usage and Payment
The following stipulations must be agreed upon in order to receive FA:
1. The individual or family household must use the YMCA facilities at least 12 times per month.
2. If the individual or family member fails to make two consecutive payments on time, the membership will be terminated.
3. The financial assistance amount received is only earmarked for the 2024 calendar year. It does not automatically continue into the next calendar year. All applicants requesting financial assistance for the next year are required to complete and submit a new FA application, which opens in November of every year.
Financial Assistance for Summer Camp
FA applications for summer camps will be accepted starting March 1, 2024. This process is entirely separate from the current Membership Application process.