As a Team Captain your major responsibilities will include:
One of the hardest things you may encounter as a team captain recruiting employees. You will want to recruit participants from every area or department, which may prove difficult. Here are some general ideas that have worked in the past:
- Choose a few people from the main departments to help you recruit.
- Meet on a regular basis with these individuals to plan and implement your strategies.
- Get the word out! Communication is the key! Bulletin boards and information given out with paychecks is a good way to get the message out, but don't rely on these alone. One-on-one communication is the best way to reach everyone.
- Use the Entry Form and Event Calendar in the Corporate Challenge Handbook or on the Registration website page to find out in which events the employees want to participate.
- Make numerous copies of the Corporate Challenge Official Entry Release Form and give to each department. Some companies created waivers for each event to be signed by participants, or you can find the form on the Registration website page.
- Take advantage of email and the YMCA website. All event updates and event descriptions are here on the site.
- Weekly employee meetings are a good way to present the program. It is a chance to tell people what Corporate Challenge is all about and answer any questions.
Fill Out Forms
- Fill out the Official Entry Form with number of participants in each event, total number participating, and your company division.
- Get every participant to sign the Official Entry Release Form. Return all signed forms to the YMCA.
- Fill out Participants in Team Events forms with names and ages.
- Attend the Captains Meeting.
- Be the liaison between your employees and the YMCA.
- Sponsor Fee is based on the size of your company and is due August 20, 2018.
- The Participation Fee is based on how many individuals/teams compete in each event. The fee amount will be mailed to the team captain by October 12, 2018. Any payments received after December 7, 2018 will be assessed a 10% late fee.
All registration forms due:
- Official Entry Form
- Official Entry Release Form
- Participants in Team Events Form
Sponsor Fee Due
- The Sponsor Fee is based on the size of your company. See Eligibility and Divisions to determine your company's fee.
Captains Meeting at 9:00 am at the Southeast YMCA
- Receive brackets
- Answer questions
T-shirt entries must be turned in to the YMCA by 5:00 pm
Participation fees due to the YMCA
- The Participation Fee is based on the number of individuals/teams that compete in each event.
- The Participation Fee bill will be mailed to the team captain by October 12.
- Payments received after December 7 will be assessed a 10% late fee.