As a Team Captain your major responsibilities will include:
One of the hardest things you may encounter as a team captain recruiting employees. You will want to recruit participants from every area or department, which may prove difficult. Here are some general ideas that have worked in the past:
- Choose a few people from the main departments to help you recruit.
- Meet on a regular basis with these individuals to plan and implement your strategies.
- Get the word out! Communication is the key! Bulletin boards and information given out with paychecks is a good way to get the message out, but don't rely on these alone. One-on-one communication is the best way to reach everyone.
- Use the In-House Registration Form to find out in which events the employees want to participate. You can also get t-shirt sizes and other pertinent information from this form.
- Make numerous copies of the Corporate Challenge Waiver Form and give to each department. Some companies created waivers for each event to be signed by participants.
- Take advantage of e-mail and the YMCA website. All event updates and event descriptions are here on the site.
- Weekly employee meetings are a good way to present the program. It is a chance to tell people what Corporate Challenge is all about and answer any questions.
Fill Out Forms
- Fill out the Registration Form with number of participants in each event, total number participating, and your company division.
- Get every participant to sign the Waiver Form. Return all signed forms to the YMCA.
- Fill out Special Event Participation Forms with names and ages.
- Attend Captain's meeting.
- Be the liaison between your employees and the YMCA.
- Entry Fee is based on the size of your company and due August 22.
- The Participation Fee is based on how many individuals/teams compete in each event. The fee amonth will be mailed to the team captain by October 14th. Any payments received after December 2 will be assessed a 10% late fee.
All registration forms due:
- Official Entry Form
- Release Form
- Team Event Form
Sponsor Fees Due
- The Sponsor Fee is based on the size of your company. See "Eligibility/Divisions" to determine fee.
Captains' Meeting at 9:00 am at the YMCA
- Receive brackets
- Answer questions
T-Shirt entries must be turned in to the YMCA by 5:00 pm
Participation fees due to the YMCA