Financial Assistance for Membership at the Y
We’re thrilled to announce we are re-opening our Y Membership Financial Assistance (FA) application period for 2020 and will award an additional $50,000 to those in need. We’re adjusting our normal procedures to help our community during this extraordinary time! Applications will be accepted through Wednesday, July 1. We’re grateful for the generosity from our donors, staff, and community leaders, which has allowed us to help our community during this time of need.
Membership Financial Assistance Application and Materials
In order to be considered for FA, the following steps must be completed:
- Complete and submit the YMCA Membership Financial Assistance application.
- Submit a copy of the most current Federal Income Tax Return Form 1040 with the application. Please mark out all Social Security number information and ONLY submit pages 1 and 2 of the tax return.
- Include a copy of two of your most recent paycheck stubs for each employed person listed on the application.
- Attach documentation to support assistance income, such as child support or disability, if applicable.
FA applications will only be processed and considered if all the required information listed above is submitted.
Receiving Approval or Denial - Notification Process
Please note applicants will receive an approval or denial letter via mail by July 15, 2020 regarding the status of their application.
No calls or inquiries should be made by applicants regarding the status of their application until after the July 15 notification deadline, if a letter is not received by that date.
Terms and Agreements Regarding Usage and Payment
The following conditions must be agreed upon in order to receive financial assistance:
1. The individual or family household must use the YMCA facilities at least 12 times per month.
2. If the individual or family member fails to make two consecutive payments on time, the membership will be terminated.
3. The financial assistance amount received is only earmarked for the remainder of the 2020 calendar year. It does not automatically continue into the next calendar year. All applicants requesting financial assistance for the next year are required to complete and submit a new FA application, which opens in November 2020.
Financial Assistance for Summer Camp
FA applications for Y Summer Camp will be accepted starting March 1, 2021. This process is entirely separate from the current Membership application process.