YMCA Financial Assistance
Summer Camp Financial Assistance is officially CLOSED. Membership Financial Assistance will be available in November 2019.
Summer Camp Financial Assistance Application
We are pleased to announce the Monroe County YMCA is currently accepting Financial Assistance (FA) applications from individuals who would like Y Summer Camp support for the 2019 calendar year. The Y FA applications for Summer Camp will only be accepted until March 29, 2019. In order for a prospective applicant to be considered for FA, the following actions are required:
1. Submit a completed YMCA Financial Assistance application. The application is available above to download and print. Or visit one of our Welcome Centers to have one of our staff members print an application for you.
2. Submit a copy of your 2018 Federal Income Tax Return (Form 1040, pages 1 and 2 only, or 1040EZ). Please mark out all Social Security numbers and tax ID numbers on submitted paperwork.
3. Submit two consecutive pay stubs for each income-earning member within the household. If you are unemployed, draw social security, or are a full-time student, please provide a summary of your unemployment benefits, SSI paperwork, financial aid benefits, and/or student schedule.
4. Please submit your completed materials at the Welcome Center at either branch or via mail. Applications submitted via email will NOT be accepted due to security concerns.
Applications will be processed only if all of the required information listed above is submitted. If the Monroe County YMCA receives an incomplete application, your request for financial assistance will not be considered.
Please note: Financial Assistance can only be applied to either Camp Arrowhead or Sports Camps. It is not valid for Specialty Camps, Gymnastics Camp, or Extended Day.
Approval or Denial - Notification Process
Please note applicants will receive an approval or denial letter by April 15, 2019, regarding the outcome of their financial assistance application. If you are approved, financial assistance must be redeemed by April 30, 2019. You must bring your signed approval letter when you redeem financial assistance and register for Summer Camp.
Financial Assistance for Membership
FA applications for membership will be accepted in November of 2019. This process is entirely separate from the current membership application process.
Terms and Agreements Regarding Payment
The following conditions must be agreed upon in order to receive financial assistance:
1. At the time of Summer Camp enrollment, you will need to schedule all payments and have a billing method on file.
2. The financial assistance amount received is only earmarked for the 2019 calendar year. It does not automatically continue into the next calendar year. All applicants requesting financial assistance for the next year are required to complete and submit a new FA application.