Financial Assistance for Summer Camp at the Y
We are pleased to announce our Monroe County YMCA is currently accepting Financial Assistance (FA) applications from those who would like help covering their children’s 2021 Summer Camp registration fees for Camp Arrowhead or Sports Camps. The deadline to submit applications for Financial Assistance is Wednesday, March 31, 2021.
Please read the Summer Camp FA Cover Letter, then fill out the Summer Camp FA Application, both of which are linked below. Submit your completed materials at the Welcome Center at either Branch or via mail. Applications submitted via email will NOT be accepted due to security concerns.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Summer Camp will only take place at our Southeast Y Branch this year.
Summer Camp Financial Assistance Application and Materials
In order to be considered for FA, the following steps must be completed:
1. Complete and submit the YMCA Summer Camp Financial Assistance application. Please visit www.MonroeCountyYMCA.org/FA to download the application, which will be available starting Monday, February 22, 2021.
2. Submit a copy of the most current Federal Income Tax Return Form 1040 with the application. Please mark out all Social Security Number information and ONLY submit pages 1 and 2 of the tax return.
3. Include a copy of two of your most recent paycheck stubs for each employed person listed on the application.
4. Attach documentation to support assistance income, such as child support or disability, if applicable.
Y FA applications for Summer Camp will only be accepted through March 31, 2021. FA applications will only be processed and considered if all the required information listed above is submitted.
Receiving Approval or Denial—Notification Process
Applicants will receive an approval or denial letter via mail by April 15, 2021 regarding the status of their application. No calls or inquiries should be made by applicants regarding the status of their application until after the April 15 notification deadline, if a letter is not received by that date.
Terms and Agreements Regarding Usage and Payment
The following stipulations must be agreed upon in order to receive FA:
1. The amount of FA awarded can only be earmarked to the 2021 Summer Camp season for Camp Arrowhead or Sports Camps and cannot be applied to any other Y program. Please note: Financial Assistance cannot be redeemed for any Specialty Camps or Extended Day.
2. At the time of camp enrollment, Summer Camp FA recipients will need to schedule all payments and have a billing method on file. Camp enrollment must be done in person at the Southeast Branch of the Monroe County YMCA. Please note the Summer Camp Financial Assistance approval notification letter must be submitted at the time of Summer Camp enrollment.
Financial Assistance for Membership
FA applications for Y membership will be accepted starting November 1, 2021. This process is entirely separate from the current Summer Camp application process.