Financial Assistance for Membership at the Y
We are excited to announce the Monroe County YMCA is accepting Financial Assistance (FA) applications for Y memberships! We understand the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has put even more financial strain on families and individuals, and the Y is here to help. While the generosity of our donors allows us to provide assistance to those in need, we anticipate the levels of giving will be lower than years past because the need has grown significantly this year. We will do everything we can to help those in need! If you would like Y membership support for the 2021 calendar year, please consider applying to our FA program. Y FA applications for membership will only be accepted until November 30, 2020.
Membership Financial Assistance Application and Materials
Y FA applications for membership will only be accepted until November 30, 2020. In order for a prospective applicant to be considered for FA, the following actions are required:
1. Submit a completed YMCA Financial Assistance application. Please visit www.monroecountyymca.org/FA to access the application.
2. Submit a copy of your 2019 Federal Income Tax Return (Form 1040, pages 1 and 2 only, or 1040EZ). Please mark out all Social Security numbers and tax ID numbers on submitted paperwork.
3. Submit two consecutive pay stubs for each income-earning member within the household. If you are unemployed, draw social security, or are a full-time student, please provide a summary of your unemployment benefits, SSI paperwork, financial aid benefits, and/or student schedule.
Applications will be processed only if all of the required information listed above is submitted. If the Monroe County YMCA receives an incomplete application, your request for financial assistance will not be considered.
Receiving Approval or Denial - Notification Process
Please note applicants will receive an approval or denial letter by December 15, 2020 regarding the outcome of their financial assistance application. If you are approved, financial assistance must be redeemed by January 31, 2021.
Terms and Agreements Regarding Usage and Payment
The following conditions must be agreed upon in order to receive financial assistance:
1. The individual or family household must use the YMCA facilities at least 12 times per month.
2. If the individual or family member fails to make two consecutive payments on time, the membership will be terminated.
3. The financial assistance amount received is only earmarked for the 2021 calendar year. It does not automatically continue into the next calendar year. All applicants requesting financial assistance for the next year are required to complete and submit a new FA application, which opens in November 2021.
Financial Assistance for Summer Camp
FA applications for summer camps are accepted in March every year. This process is entirely separate from the current membership application process.