Summer Camp Financial Assistance
Financial Assistance Application
We are pleased to announce the Monroe County YMCA is currently accepting financial assistance (FA) applications from those who would like help covering their children’s 2018 Summer Camp registration fees. Applications will only be accepted until Friday, April 20. Please submit your completed materials at the Welcome Center at either Branch or via mail. Applications submitted via email will NOT be accepted.
In order to be considered for FA, the following steps must be completed:
- Complete and submit the YMCA Summer Camp Financial Assistance application. Please download the application above.
- Submit a copy of the most current Federal Income Tax Return Form 1040 with the application. Please mark out all Social Security number information and ONLY submit pages 1 and 2 of the tax return.
- Include a copy of two of your most recent paycheck stubs for each employed person listed on the application.
- Attach documentation to support assistance income, such as child support or disability, if applicable. FA applications will only be processed and considered if all the required information listed above is submitted.
Applications will be processed only if all of the required information listed above is submitted. If the Monroe County YMCA receives an incomplete application, your request for financial assistance will not be considered.
Approval or Denial - Notification Process
Please note applicants will receive an approval or regret letter via mail by April 27, 2018, regarding the status of their application. No calls or inquiries should be made by applicants regarding the status of their application until after the April 27 notification deadline if a letter is not received.
Financial Assistance for Membership
FA applications for Y membership will be accepted in November of 2018. This process is entirely separate from the current Summer Camp application process.
Terms and Agreements Regarding Usage and Payment
The following stipulations must be agreed upon in order to receive FA:
- The amount of FA awarded can only be earmarked to the 2018 Summer Camp season and cannot be applied to any other Y program.
- At the time of camp enrollment, Summer Camp FA recipients will need to schedule all payments and have a billing method on file. Camp enrollment must be done in person at either Southeast or Northwest Branch of the Monroe County YMCA. Please note the Summer Camp Financial Assistance approval notification letter must be submitted at the time of summer camp enrollment.