Under the direction of Jeff Lewis, co-owner of Lee's Martial Arts in Bloomington, this class welcomes both beginners and more advanced students. It is a non-competitive class for boys and girls emphasizing techniques, self-discipline, self-esteem, balance, and coordination. Please refer to our health and safety policies below, which we ask everyone to adhere to throughout the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Fall Session Dates:
- September 1-October 10
- October 13-November 19
|Tuesdays & Thursdays||6:30-7:15 pm||$50 per Y member or $85 per non-member|
Youth & Sports Director
Health and Safety Procedures
Temperature Checks/Health Screenings
All Volunteers and Y Staff - Will complete temperature check and respond to the health screening questions upon arrival.
Youth Participants – Will complete temperature check and guardian of participants will be required to answer the health screening questions at the time of arrival.
Coaches, Spectators, Family Members, All Others –
• Anyone coming into the Y is required to wear a mask.
• All spectators will be required to wear a mask.
Youth Participants/Players -
• Participants are encouraged to wear masks at all times.
• Participants may de-mask when social distance is applied and Sensei gives him/her permission.
• Participants will be required to re-mask when the physical exertion required has diminished.
Staff and Coaches -
• Staff are required to wear the mask when unable to maintain social distancing.
Social Distancing and Spacing
Participants, Coaches, Volunteers, Spectators, and Families -
• Maintaining six feet social distancing must be adhered to.
• Families and spectators must self-monitor in order to make sure they are complying with the six foot social distancing guideline.
• Spectator seating is designated along the outside of the fitness room.
Game Play Protocol
• No shaking hands.
• Participants will not give physical high fives or other physical positive reinforcement contact with other participants or coaches.
• End of practice or recognition of a skill or behavior done well will be recognized with air high fives or with a positive verbal acknowledgement.
• The cleaning/disinfecting of equipment will be completed prior to and end of all practices.
• Masters, Sensei’s, volunteers, and participants are to wash hands prior to start of the practice.
• We encourage participants to bring a small bottle of hand sanitizer.
Food and Water Bottles
• Participants are to stay home if not feeling well.
• Participants are encouraged to bring and be responsible for their own water bottle.
*Please note: Policies are subject to change per direction from the Monroe County Health Department or any local mandates.