Youth Martial Arts
April 6-May 13
Registration Full, Wait List Only
Under the direction of Jeff Lewis, co-owner of Lee's Martial Arts in Bloomington, this class welcomes both beginners and more advanced students. It is a non-competitive class for boys and girls emphasizing techniques, self-discipline, self-esteem, balance, and coordination.
Youth Martial Arts takes place at our Southeast Y. Rates are $50 per Y member or $85 per non-member.
|T/Th||6:30-7:15 pm||Wait List Only|
Youth & Sports Director
Health & Safety Procedures
Related to Temperature Checks/Health Screenings
All Volunteers and Y Staff: Will complete temperature check and respond to the health screening questions upon arrival.
Youth Participants: Will complete temperature check and guardian of participants will be required to answer the health screening questions at the time of arrival.
Coaches, Spectators, Family Members, All Others:
- Anyone coming into the Y is required to wear a mask.
- All spectators will be required to wear a mask.
- Participants will wear masks when completing skills and fundamental drills when physical exertion is low.
- Participants are encouraged to wear the masks when involved in full game play.
- Participants will be required to re-mask when the physical exertion required has diminished.
- Participants are encouraged to wear the masks at all times.
Staff and Coaches:
- Staff and coaches are required to wear the mask at all times.
Social Distancing and Spacing
Participants, Coaches, Volunteers, Spectators, and Families:
- Maintaining the six foot social distancing must be adhered to.
- Families and spectators must self-monitor in order to make sure they are complying with the six foot social distancing guideline.
- One spectator is allowed per Youth Sport participant. Spectator seating is designated along perimeter of the room.
Game Play Protocol:
- No shaking hands.
- Participants will not give physical high fives or other physical positive reinforcement contact with other participants or coaches.
- End of practice or recognition of a skill or behavior done well will be recognized with air high fives or with a positive verbal acknowledgement.
Sanitation and Cleanliness
- The cleaning/disinfecting of equipment will be completed prior to and end of all practices.
- All balls and game equipment will be wiped down prior to and after use.
- “Gameball” will be disinfected prior to the game, in-between quarters, and after the game.
- Coaches, volunteers, and participants are to wash hands prior to start of the practice.
- We encourage participants to bring a small bottle of hand sanitizer.
- Participants will sanitize his/her hands prior to and post playing in games.
Wellness and Water Bottles:
- Participants are to stay home if not feeling well.
- Participants are encouraged to bring and be responsible for their own water bottle.
*Please note: Policies are subject to change per direction from the Monroe County Health Department or any local mandates.