Safe Sitter® prepares students in grades 6-8+ to be safe when they’re home alone, watching younger siblings, or babysitting. Students learn life-saving skills, such as how to rescue someone who is choking, and helpful information like what to do in the event of severe weather. Lessons are filled with fun activities and role-playing exercises.
Health & Safety Procedures:
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Safe Sitter will have a maximum of eight participants, masks will be required by both the participants and instructor, and rescue breaths will not be performed on CPR mannequins. Although we will be physically distanced, this class will still be peer-interactive through games and activities. Please refer to our complete list of health and safety procedures below.
Safe Sitter takes place at our Southeast Y. Rates are $80 per Y member or $110 per non-member. A Safe Sitter manual is included in the program fee. Please pack a sack lunch or dinner.
|March 15-17||9:00 am-1:00 pm||Register Now|
|June 7-11||9:00 am-12:00 pm||Coming Soon!|
|June 14-18||9:00 am-12:00 pm||Coming Soon!|
|June 28-July 2||9:00 am-12:00 pm||Coming Soon!|
|July 12-16||9:00 am-12:00 pm||Coming Soon!|
|July 19-23||9:00 am-12:00 pm||Coming Soon!|
After completing registration, please download and complete the Student Registration Form below.
Southeast Y Play and Learn Coordinator
Health and Safety Procedures
Temperature Checks/Health Screenings
All Volunteers and Y Staff: Will complete temperature check and respond to the health screening questions upon arrival.
Youth Participants: Will complete temperature check and guardian of participants will be required to answer the health screening questions at the time of arrival.
Staff, Volunteers, Family Members, All Others:
• Anyone coming into the Y is required to wear a mask.
• Participants are required to wear the masks at all times.
Staff and Volunteers:
• Staff and volunteers are required to wear the mask at all times.
Social Distancing and Sanitization
Staff, Spectators, and Family Members, All Others:
• Maintaining the six foot social distancing must be adhered to.
• Participants will not share supplies.
• Participants and staff will wear gloves while performing chest compressions on CPR manikins.
• Participants and staff will wear gloves when practicing diapering on manikins.
• Participants and staff will not perform rescue breathes when practicing CPR.
• Participants will not give physical high fives or other physical positive reinforcement contact with other participants, staff, or volunteers.
• End of practice or recognition of a skill or behavior done well will be recognized with air high fives or with a positive verbal acknowledgement.
• The cleaning/disinfecting of equipment will be completed prior to the start of the program and at the end of day.
• Staff, volunteers, and participants are to wash hands prior to start of the program.
• Participants and staff will wash their hands prior to transitioning between different activities.
• We encourage participants to bring a small bottle of hand sanitizer.
Food and Water Bottles:
• Participants are encouraged to bring and be responsible for their own water bottle.
• Participants, staff, and volunteers will be responsible for providing their own meal.
Health and Well-Being:
• Participants are to stay home if not feeling well.