Running and Triathlon Training
2017 Half Marathon Training Program Register Here
Begins January 16
- Introductory meeting Monday, January 16 - 6:00 pm in the YMCA Program Room
- All levels of runners/walkers welcome - No one gets left behind!
- Coaching to improve running/walking economy
- Training lengths of 5K, 10K, 13 miles, & 26.2 miles
- Resistance training weekly, specialized for runners and walkers
- Program does not include One America 500 Festival Mini-Marathon registration.
Please sign up at www.500festival.com
|Tuesdays||Walks/Runs||6:00 pm - 7:30 pm|
|Thursdays||Walks/Runs||6:00 pm - 7:30 pm|
5K Fridays begins Friday, March 17 at the Southeast YMCA!
Get your 5K on and discover a healthier you! Join the YMCA and Smith’s Shoe Center every Friday for a free, fun, non-competitive, 5K Run/Walk at the SE YMCA. Open to the community, and family-friendly.
- Check-in begins at 5:30 pm and the 5K will start at 6:00, rain or shine.
- Participants will follow a marked course around the SE YMCA
- All levels/ages welcome!
- Free but preregistration is required at the Welcome Center
Healthy Hearts and Active Lives Program Director
Run for Fun Youth Running Group
Does your child want to explore the wonderful world of running? Join the SE YMCA youth running group! We will teach children the importance of stretching, a good warm up, pacing, hydration, and a cool down. The emphasis will be on personal goal-setting and FUN fitness! The group will be training to run the YMCA Spring and Fall Runs. The cost of the program will cover admission into the run and a t-shirt. Instructors will run the 5K with the youth participants.
Feb. 24 - April 1
|5:45 - 6:45 pm||$70/$115|
Youth Sports Coordinator