September 26, 2017
Dear YMCA Member,
We are in a position where facility improvements are required for our Southeast Branch. Improvements to the first-floor men’s locker room showers must be performed now in order to keep them functional. While our staff has already begun this work, major changes will require a four-day shutdown in October.
Our maintenance team will continue prepping the area for construction after the SE Branch closes in the evenings, and the showers will remain available for use during the Y’s hours of operation until the shutdown. During the period of improvement, we will remove the first-floor shower trees and install 10 private shower stalls with two of the 10 stalls fully ADA compliant.
In order to complete construction, we need to close the SE Branch in mid-October. The schedule is as follows:
|Wednesday, October 18||SE Branch closes at 7:00 pm|
|Thursday, October 19||SE Branch closed|
|Friday, October 20||SE Branch closed|
|Saturday, October 21||SE Branch closed|
|Sunday, October 22||SE Branch closed|
|Monday, October 23||SE Branch re-opens at 5:00 am,
except for the first-floor men's showers
|Saturday, October 28||All men's showers fully accessible|
During this closure, we will also replace HVAC units and perform deep cleaning in several areas. When we re-open the SE Branch on October 23, the men’s showers on the first floor will remain closed, but the toilets and sinks will be accessible along with all of the showers on the second floor. Anyone who cannot access the showers on the second floor can use the showers in the special needs facilities.
The Northwest YMCA will remain open and available to all members, but please note closing times are different for this facility. If you are currently enrolled in any program, please refer to the attached details for more information.
Our contact for communication is Jodi Baker, who can be reached at (812) 961-2170 or email@example.com. We appreciate your patience as we continue our renovations.
Dr. Jason Winkle
Chief Executive Officer
- Preschool is cancelled on Thursday, October 19, and Friday, October 20.
- Play and Learn at Northwest is expanding their capacity during the Southeast closure so more members can take advantage of the program at Northwest.
- Martial arts classes are cancelled on Thursday, October 19, but can be made up at Lee’s Martial Arts school.
- Youth tennis on Sunday, October 22, is cancelled but will be rescheduled.
- Youth soccer and flag football will continue as scheduled if weather permits. Restrooms outside will be accessible.
- Adult basketball on Sunday, October 22, is cancelled but will be rescheduled.
- Pickleball on Thursday, October 19 and Sunday, October 22, are cancelled.
- Pick-up volleyball on Wednesday, October 18, is cancelled.
- Pick-up basketball on Sunday, October 22, is cancelled.
- All SE Group Exercise classes are cancelled October 19-22
- Classes are available at Northwest during this timeframe, and we encourage all particpants of paid or included-in-membership classes to please attend those if interested and space allows. You can find the Northwest Group Exercise class schedule on our website or at the Welcome Center.
- Instructors will have more information about potentail make-up classes as schedules are finalized.
Healthy Living Programs
- Instructors will reach out to all participants of Cardiac Rehab, W.I.S.E., Y-Fit for Life, and Building Better Balance classes with more information.
- Endurance running and triathlon training will remain as scheduled, but the location is TBD.
- SE swim lessons are cancelled on Thursday, October 19, and Saturday, October 21. Make-up classes will be announced at a later date.
- Tiger Sharks:
- Wednesday, October 18:
- Advanced practice is moved to 3:45 pm.
- Middle/high school practice is cancelled.
- Saturday, October 21
- Practice is moved to Northwest from 12:00-2:00 pm.
- Sunday, October 22
- Practice is moved to Northwest from 5:00-6:30 pm.
- Wednesday, October 18:
Group Ex Class Make-Ups
Thursday, December 21
|Total Body Strength||6:00-6:45 am||Pete||Total Body Studio|
|TRX||8:15-9:00 am||Rita||Fit Room 2|
|Aqua Shallow Water||9:00-9:55 am||Sara||Multi-Purpose Pool|
|Total Body Gentle||8:30-9:15 am||Lily||Total Body Studio|
|Cycle-In||9:15-10:00 am||Kristy||Cycle Studio|
|Yoga Level 1||9:15-10:15 am||Deb||Yoga Studio|
|Total Body Strength||9:30-10:15 am||Pete||Total Body Studio|
|Deep Water Running||10:00-10:30 am||Cheri||Main Pool|
|Yoga Level 2||10:30-11:45 am||Donna||Yoga Studio|
|Total Body Pilates||10:45-11:30 am||Mandy||Total Body Studio|
|Yoga Level 2||4:00-5:15 pm||Gloria||Yoga Studio|
|Cycle-In||4:45-5:30 pm||Linda||Cycle Studio|
|Yoga Level 3||5:30-6:45 pm||Gloria||Yoga Studio|
|Yoga Level 1||7:00-8:00 pm||Gloria||Yoga Studio|
Friday, December 22
|Cycle-In||6:00-6:45 am||Mike||Cycle Studio|
|Kettlebell Basics||7:00-7:45 am||Helen||Fit Room 2|
|Total Body Srength||8:00-8:45 am||Walter||Total Body Studio|
|Shallow Water Aqua||9:00-9:55 am||Alice||Multi-Purpose Pool|
|60 Minute Cycle||9:15-10:15 am||Venus||Cycle Studio|
|Prime Time Plus||9:30-10:30 am||Heidi||Fit Room 2|
|Yoga Level 1||9:30-10:30 am||Jacki||Yoga Studio|
|Arthritis Aquatics Deep||10:00-10:45 am||Gloria||Multi-Purpose Pool|
|Total Body Gentle||10:45-11:30 am||Kirsten||Total Body Studio|
|Shallow Water Aqua||6:00-6:55 pm||Kim||Multi-Purpose Pool|