Masks Required at the Y: Effective August 5, 2021
Per the Health Order issued by the Monroe County Health Department on August 5, 2021, all Y members, guests, and staff are required to wear a face mask, shield, or covering while using the Y facilities regardless of vaccination status. You can read the full announcement regarding the Monroe County Health Department’s decision to rescind the mask mandate at www.co.monroe.in.us. The CDC also recently released new guidelines announcing everyone should wear a mask while indoors regardless of vaccination status.
Here is some additional information to help you prepare for your visit to the Y:
- Everyone 3 years of age and older must wear a mask when using the indoor Y facilities. (There are specific exceptions listed in the Health Order. Please stop at our Welcome Center if assistance is needed.)
- Masks are required inside our Ys unless you are engaged in a form of indoor exercise that is incompatible with wearing a face covering, including swimming.
- You must put your mask back on before moving to your next workout station or around the Y, such as between cardio equipment or weight machines.
- Masks are required when entering and exiting our pool areas and when walking the pool deck. Masks must be removed prior to entering the water even if you do not plan on submerging your head. A face covering poses a drowning risk if someone were to pass out or fall ill and unexpectedly be submerged.
- Basketball courts remain open and masks must be worn if you are not in active play, such as if you are on the sidelines resting.
- Members must wear masks while using the locker rooms, and masks may only be removed while in the shower.