Monroe County Y Re-Opening Plans
Welcome back to the Y!
Our Southeast and Northwest Y facilities re-opened on Monday, June 1, 2020! Like many organizations, the outbreak of COVID-19 has placed Monroe County Y in financial strain. We realize we are not in a unique situation, and it’s been humbling to have so many members continue to pay their membership fees to support our services while our Ys remained closed. However, we’ve been forced to make several difficult decisions about our programs and facilities in an effort to sustain our organization. We want to be there for you and our community as we all recover from this pandemic, and the following updates will help us accomplish that as we take steps to slowly and safely return to normal.
Please note our temporary facility and program updates:
- Our Wellness Centers, weight rooms, basketball courts, pools, locker rooms, and tracks are available; however, six-foot social distancing and sanitizing guidelines established by the CDC are highly encouraged if you are not vaccinated.
- Specific policies for programs have been made available in respective areas. Please review our program updates:
- Play and Learn is open for children ages 6 weeks-6 years old, and as long as children ages 3 and older wear a face covering. For the health and well-being of your child and our staff, please ask your child to use the bathroom prior to visiting Play and Learn. If a child’s diaper needs to be changed, the parent or guardian will be paged and asked to change the diaper.
- Healthy Hearts and Active Lives is held under strict social distancing guidelines.
- Private Swim Lessons are limited to children and adults who can swim without hands-on assistance.
- Group Ex classes are being held in-person and online.
- Group Ex participants are asked to adhere to six-foot social distancing while participating in classes.
- Select Group Ex classes are streamed live online. You can register for these select live virtual classes on our website and app by looking under the "Studio" column to see "OR Virtual" listed, which designates our virtual class options. Or, find several on-demand classes here.
- Summer Camp will be held at our Southeast Y only again in 2021. We implemented new policies to ensure the health and well-being of staff and campers, which you can find outlined in our Parent Guide.
- The Auxiliary Center (formerly Gymnastics Center) is serving Southeast Y programs to allow more room for social distancing.
- Youth Strength Training and Wellness Coach appointments are available.
- Youth ages 7-11 can use the Northwest Y track at any time as long as a parent is present.
- After-hours and outdoor rentals are accepted.
Thank you for your support as we navigate through this together!
We are continuing to work with our Board, Y-USA, local health departments, and other stakeholders in order to develop the best strategies for addressing these challenges. Please visit our website, Facebook, and Instagram, or download our app for the most up-to-date information.
We can’t wait to welcome you back to the Y!