Safe Sitter® prepares students in grades 6-8+ to be safe when they’re home alone, watching younger siblings, or babysitting. Students learn life-saving skills, such as how to rescue someone who is choking, and helpful information like what to do in the event of severe weather. Lessons are filled with fun activities and role-playing exercises.
Safe Sitter takes place at our Southeast Y. Rates are $80 per Y member or $110 per non-member. A Safe Sitter manual is included in the program fee. Please pack a sack lunch or snacks.
|Fall Dates TBD||9:00 am-3:30 pm|
After completing registration, please download and complete the Student Registration Form below.
Youth & Family - Southeast Y Program Coordinator
Health and Safety Procedures
Social Distancing and Sanitization
• Participants will not share supplies.
• Participants and staff will wear gloves while performing chest compressions on CPR manikins.
• Participants and staff will wear gloves when practicing diapering on manikins.
• Participants and staff will not perform rescue breathes when practicing CPR.
• Participants will not give physical high fives or other physical positive reinforcement contact with other participants, staff, or volunteers.
• End of practice or recognition of a skill or behavior done well will be recognized with air high fives or with a positive verbal acknowledgement.
• The cleaning/disinfecting of equipment will be completed prior to the start of the program and at the end of day.
• Staff, volunteers, and participants are to wash hands prior to start of the program.
• Participants and staff will wash their hands prior to transitioning between different activities.
• We encourage participants to bring a small bottle of hand sanitizer.
Food and Water Bottles:
• Participants are encouraged to bring and be responsible for their own water bottle.
• Participants, staff, and volunteers will be responsible for providing their own meal.
Health and Well-Being:
• Participants are to stay home if not feeling well.