SENIOR LUNCH & LEARN
Eat, Socialize, & Learn Something New!
At the Monroe County Y, we are more than a gym. We're a community - a place where you can gather, connect with others, and learn something new! We are excited to hold our Senior Lunch & Learn series at our Northwest Y in our Community Room. Senior Lunch & Learns are FREE events that are open to the public. These events feature a range of speakers from a wide variety of expertise. From health and wellness to finances to cybersecurity, there is plenty to learn at our Senior Lunch & Learn.
Join us for our upcoming events:
- Friday, September 9:
- Bone Health and Promoting Strong Bones for Life: Did you know fractures from falls are generating more hospitalizations than heart attacks, strokes, and cancer combined? We’ll review several ways you can minimize the risks of falling around your home and improve your bone health to help keep you healthy and active!
- Presented by Margie Kobow, Health Hearts & Active Lives Director at the Monroe County Y
- Friday, October 21:
- Creating Your Legacy with Giving: We’ll discuss how to set up estate planning, financial management, and the importance of having a living will during your retirement years. Planned giving today supports future generations to come in our community!
- Presented by Matt Osgood, Development Director at the Monroe County Y
- Friday, November 18:
- Cybersecurity and Protecting Yourself in a Digital World: Help protect yourself from cybercriminals. As our technological landscape is constantly evolving, criminals are finding new ways to scam and exploit people. Learn ways to keep yourself and your family safe from this growing threat. Topics will include how to spot suspicious emails, online security strategies, and what to do if you think you have been hacked.
- Presented by Scott Warrick and Patrick Neeley, the Monroe County Y’s IT team
Each event will follow the schedule below:
- 11:30 am-12:00 pm - FREE lunch and a chance to socialize with others
- 12:00-12:50 pm: Featured presentation
Again, these events are FREE and open to the community with lunch included. Space is limited, so please register early to reserve your spot!
Please sign up online or visit our Welcome Center at either branch location. We encourage all who are interested to attend, and Y members who bring a non-member friend can receive a free Y t-shirt!