Running and Triathlon Training
SUMMER RUNNING PROGRAM
Have you registered for a fall 2019 running event—half marathon or full marathon? Want an organized group to run with during the summer? Then this is your program! Coaches are trained to help you with your running needs. Become a stronger runner and increase your running mileage. Introductory Meeting: Monday, May 13 at 6:00 pm in the Southeast YMCA Program Room. We will be meeting with the Triathlon Training Group. Program runs May 14-August 10 at the Southeast YMCA.
|T||6:00 pm||$85 members/$225 non-members||Register Now|
(When weather gets hotter, we will meet at 7:00 am on Saturdays.)
TRIATHLON TRAINING PROGRAM
Program runs from May 14-August 10 at the Southeast YMCA.
Training plan(s) include:
- Introductory meeting: Monday, May 13 at 6:00 pm in the Southeast YMCA Program Room
- Swimming instruction (stroke work, endurance, speed)
- Open water training swims
- Bike rides (safety, endurance, speed); weather permitting
- Runs (technique, pacing, endurance, speed)
- BRICK work (bike and run combination)
- Specific triathlon resistance training
|M||7:00 pm||Swim||$150 members/$325 non-members||Register Now|
YMCA TRIATHLON CAMP
Become more race-ready and improve efficiencies in swimming, biking, and/or running. Improve performance through analysis, instruction, and education with USA Triathlon Certified Coaches. Camp will primarily be based out of the Northwest YMCA facility. Become more comfortable with each aspect through group practices and some individual attention. You won't be disappointed with the beauty of Monroe County. Program runs May 17-19 at the Northwest YMCA, $199 for members and non-members.
Training will include:
- Pool and open water swims
- Outdoor bike rides
- Run assessment and drills
- Transition practice
- Education lectures