Play and Learn
What We Do
Our trained staff create a nurturing environment of warmth, friendliness, and freedom. We lead children through a variety of fun, safe playtime activities, including stories, crafts, dress-up, and active play.
Play and Learn is an exclusive member benefit for children 1-6 years. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are temporarily adjusting the age requirement of children who can utilize Play and Learn. The participating child must be a Y member; an adult-only membership should be converted to a family membership in order to receive this benefit.
How to Participate
Play and Learn is included in your Family Membership, so there's no need to sign up. Simply scan your child's Y member card when you come in the facility, and bring him or her to the Play and Learn room.
- For ages one-six years.
- Parent or guardian must remain on Y property.
- A child may stay in Play and Learn for up to two hours each morning and two hours each afternoon.
- Available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Health & Safety Policies:
- Masks are required for children ages 3 and older.
- Children will be asked to wash their hands upon entering Play and Learn. Staff will provide assistance if needed.
- If a child’s diaper needs to be changed, you will be paged and asked to change the diaper.
- Toys are cleaned throughout each morning and evening shift after they are played with.
Play and Learn Hours:
|Days||Southeast Y||Northwest Y|
|Friday||8:45-11:15 am||8:45-11:15 am|
|Saturday||9:00 am-12:00 pm||9:00 am-12:00 pm|
|2020 Holiday Hours|
|Holiday||Southeast Y||Northwest Y|
|New Year's Day||12:00-3:00 pm||Closed|
|New Year's Eve||Closed||Closed|
Northwest Y Program Coordinator
Southeast Y Play and Learn Coordinator