We approach all Youth Sports programming knowing each player is exceptional in their own way, and that's how we help our community grow great individuals. At the Y, learning life skills is just as important as practicing sports drills. Our experienced coaches and instructors know how to keep your kids safe and healthy while having a blast learning a new sport, honing their talent, and releasing their energy with friends!
For questions regarding Youth Sports programming, please contact Chris Stone, Youth & Adult Sports Director, at info@MonroeCountyYMCA.org.
Choose a Youth Sport league below to learn more:
Youth Flag Football
Friday Fun Night
Youth Laser Tag
Youth Martial Arts
Run for Fun
Sports of All Sorts
Health & Safety Procedures
Temperature Checks/Health Screening
All Volunteer Coaches and Y Staff: Will complete temperature check and respond to the health screening questions upon arrival.
Youth Participants: Will complete temperature check and guardian of participants will be required to answer the health screening questions at the time of arrival.
Coaches, Spectators, Family Members, All Others:
- Anyone coming to and or congregating around the soccer field are required to wear a mask.
- Spectators will have to wear a mask when spectators cannot social distance themselves from other spectators outside of their household.
- We encourage all spectators to wear a mask at all times.
- Participants will wear masks when completing skills and fundamental drills.
- Participants will be able to remove mask when actually involved in full game play in the designated area.
- Participants are encouraged to wear the masks at all times.
- Participants will be required to re-mask when social distancing cannot be maintained as well as when the physical exertion required has diminished.
- Can remove the mask when players are engaged in full game play in the designated area.
- Coaches must re-mask when they are within six feet of youth participants.
- Coaches are encouraged to wear the mask at all times.
Social Distancing and Sanitization
Participants, Coaches, Volunteers, Spectators, and Families:
- Maintaining the six foot social distancing must be adhered to.
- Families and spectators must self-monitor in order to make sure they are complying with the six foot social distancing guideline.
- Spectator seating and area is designated outside the perimeter of the track.
Game Play Protocol:
- No shaking hands.
- Participants will not give physical high fives or other positive reinforcement.
- End of practice or recognition of a skill or behavior done well will be recognized with air high five or with a positive verbal acknowledgement.
- The cleaning/disinfecting of equipment will be completed prior to and at the end of all practices.
- Participants will not share equipment.
- Coaches, volunteers, and participants are to wash hands prior to start of the practice.
Health and Well-Being:
- Participants are to stay home if not feeling well.
- Participants are encouraged to bring and be responsible for their own water bottles.
- Participants are encouraged to bring hand sanitizer.